As part of this series, I have decided to interview some of the
members of my PLN. I have started by interviewing one of the
most supportive and encouraging educator I have met: Shelly
Terrell (@shellterrell). Shelly is a freelance technology trainer
and social media consultant for language institutes, schools and
educational organizations worldwide. She's the creator, moderator
and coordinator of #Edchat, a weekly discussion on Twitter involving nearly 1000 educators all around the world.
These are the questions I asked Shelly:
- Why have you decided to start the teaching career?
- What are the advantages of using technology in the classroom?
- What elements determine that a class has been successfully taught?
- Is there a teaching method you favour? If so, why?
- How do you correct your students' mistakes?
- Should technology be present in the students' assessment? In what way?
- What is an effective way of assessing students?
- What is your recommendation for new teachers?
Shelly has recorded her replies: Shelly's Recording.
Thanks a lot, Shelly, for sharing your expertise!