Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Touching Surprise


As part the the series My Personal Learning Network/What you
can Learn from my PLN in her blog Teaching Village, Barbara Hoskins
Sakamoto (@barbsaka) had a brilliant idea to recommend posts from
blog archives and to encourage colleagues to read "hidden gems".
Barbara created quizzes based on those posts and offered prizes
as a reward.

I took quiz #3 and I was drawn among the winners! Solving the quiz was an enriching experience and I had fun doing it. Barbara asked me for my address and yesterday I received the prize: Japanese chocolates, a fan (as a touch of Japanese culture) and a lovely card handwritten by Barbara herself. I was moved when I opened the package and thought it was coming from far away. I felt I was receiving Barbara´s warmth in that package, which had travelled such a long distance. I shared the chocolates with my nieces, who were amazed by the exotic boxes and the delicious taste of bear cookies filled with chocolate.

I would like to thank Barbara for sending me the presents and for expressing kind and friendly feelings, which are an encouragement to go on interacting in this virtual world and meeting such lovely people.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Marisa!

    A touching surprise and a very touching post!

    It is so great what Barbara did for the people who answered correctly and sent lovely things, like the chocolates, the fan and the card.

    I am so grateful to have joined Twitter - I too have experienced kindness first-hand and it is so amazing what you can feel for people you have only met in the virtual world.

    I hope to meet you in person, one day, Marisa!

    Kindest regards,
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky!!!
    Thanks for this warm comment! It means a lot to me!
    I also hope we can meet one day!
    Regards,
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly Terrell told me about this quiz and these chocolates. You got them wow! That is so cool and yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment, Kenny! They were delicious. It was very kind of Barbara to send me the presents to Argentina!
    Regards,
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete