Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Challenges...Who doesn't enjoy them?

Personally, I love challenges and I'm convinced that they're what one needs in life to enjoy it. A challenge is what helps us grow, mature and learn ...

My jobs as a teacher of English, a translator and an assistant on cultural trips around Europe are
full of challenges.

As a translator being able to express an idea as accurately as possible in another language implies a process in your brain and why not? A struggle!

Perhaps as a frustrated writer I've always wanted to translate books but I believe in translation as an art, the art of playing with words.

Some time ago I came across Babelcube and found it an interesting way of connecting writers and translators so I decided to give it try.

So far, I've translated three books, two of which have been already published and are offered as e-books: Francine and Miss Philpott and the Fascinating Mathilde by Alicia Cameron. I chose these stories because they look attractive and they proved to be fascinating.

All in all, an amazing experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment